Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lowest outside temp to install a above ground pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lowest outside temp to install a above ground pool?

My pool arrives today and I am eager to get started installing it, but I have concerns on what the outside air temp should be before I begin install? I live in Virginia and the temp now fluctuates from 30 degrees a couple of days ago, to this weekend the weatherman said it should be in the high 60's, maybe even breaking 70 degrees. That's just how VA weather is, it will fluctuate like that until late April...
    16344 gal, AG, Fijian 52 Pool 27' round w/ 1.5 HP 21 Sta-Rite Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System. using ZeoBest ZeoLite Filter Media.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lowest outside temp to install a above ground pool?

Me personally,I'd like to have temps in 60 to 70 range or warmer The liner is easier to deal with when its warmer. What is your yard conditions like? Dry wet?

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

You can install everything except the liner in whatever temp you're comfortable working in. If it gets between 60 & 70 for several hours it's fine to install the liner. Anything below 60 and I'd wait.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I've read that the liner will stretch and shrink during temp change at night... It averages about 25 to 39 degrees at night. Would that be an issue? I can hold off installing it until it gets warmer to prevent the risk of messing the pool up.. But I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, I can't wait to get moving on it and seeing it in my backyard...
    16344 gal, AG, Fijian 52 Pool 27' round w/ 1.5 HP 21 Sta-Rite Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System. using ZeoBest ZeoLite Filter Media.

5. Back To Top    #5

From the start of filling with water till about 3/4s full it needs to be at least 60, preferably 70, and sunny, or 80 plus and cloudy. As long as you insure that, the nighttime temperature is not so important.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School