AquaChek TruTest Digital Test Strip Reader Kit

teppy

Nov 11, 2007
Louisiana
I've tried a search on this, and I'm sure that it has been discussed before since its been out for over a year now. I do have the test kit that I bought here, but was looking for something to use for my everday quick test. I find that reading the ph number is quite difficult sometimes with the taylor kit. Can anyone tell me if this digital reader and test strips is accurate enough for everyday use between the in depth testing that I do about once a week with my big test kit? I don't want to spend the $50+ on it if its not any good. Thanks

The general feeling is that the TruTest is highly imprecise. However one or two people have reported that they are able to get good results by training themselves to get the test strips wet in exactly the right way.

The ColorQ is noticeably more expensive, but it does have a very good PH test (as long as the FC level isn't too high).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.