Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaChek TruTest Digital Test Strip Reader Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaChek TruTest Digital Test Strip Reader Kit

I've tried a search on this, and I'm sure that it has been discussed before since its been out for over a year now. I do have the test kit that I bought here, but was looking for something to use for my everday quick test. I find that reading the ph number is quite difficult sometimes with the taylor kit. Can anyone tell me if this digital reader and test strips is accurate enough for everyday use between the in depth testing that I do about once a week with my big test kit? I don't want to spend the $50+ on it if its not any good. Thanks
    17,000 gallon roman shaped gunite pool-AquaRite goldline SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    The general feeling is that the TruTest is highly imprecise. However one or two people have reported that they are able to get good results by training themselves to get the test strips wet in exactly the right way.

The ColorQ is noticeably more expensive, but it does have a very good PH test (as long as the FC level isn't too high).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    can you tell me if you like the liquid test or the tablet better? I found both for $110 each. I just have to choose.
    17,000 gallon roman shaped gunite pool-AquaRite goldline SWG

4. Back To Top    #4
    There seem to be fewer problems with the liquids.