Deck level is slightly lower than pool - how to do surround

Mar 7, 2013
Hi Guys,

I see you guys have a brilliant solution to decks with your pool rim able to be built on.
I have a disaster where the pool rim is higher than the surrounding deck, and the rim of the pool is NOT allowed to take any load.

What would you suggest in terms of pool surrounds, as we have to repair most of our deck as it has rotted.
Currently we have ugly ply wood, that sits on top of the pool rim when it shouldn’t.

Cheers Paul.

Re: Deck level is slightly lower than pool - how to do surro

Welcome to TFP!!!

If most of it is rotted can you raise it a bit?
Alternatively, could you add a step-up around the pool that would cantilever out and cover the pool walls?

Now ... I defer to those with actual experience ;)

jblizzle said:
Welcome to TFP!!!

If most of it is rotted can you raise it a bit?
Alternatively, could you add a step-up around the pool that would cantilever out and cover the pool walls?

Now ... I defer to those with actual experience ;)

Thanks for that, and a good idea, I was amazed to find a pool website, very cool :)

Attachments

• Large11[1].jpg
    Large11[1].jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 230

I agree with jbizzle. Pull the bad and going bad wood then you can either add a stepped cantaliever or even a smooth sloped transition cantaliever (would require some wood working skill or trail and error for a DIY guy) My dad and I built a deck surround for one of the Intex self supporting pools. The deck held all the weight so folks could actually sit on the edge and dangle their feet. Can't do that with an inflatable ring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.