Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hey Y'all! Newbie in Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey Y'all! Newbie in Texas

I have already posted a few questions so I figured an intro was in order. I moved back to my home state of Texas from the Buckeye State and am so looking forward to my first summer as a pool owner. I am in the DFW area and have a 25 year old in ground pool that I am in the middle of updating. Trying to update. Contractors...

I have been so very thankful that everyone here has been so nice with sharing info and trying to help me along. Seriously I do have lots more questions to ask!
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hey Y'all! Newbie in Texas

Glad to have you here, glitter&guns
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Glitter&guns, what a great Texas name!
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

4. Back To Top    #4

Howdy, Welcome to TFP!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    Glitter&guns, what a great Texas name!
    Thanks so much! It fits my daughters and I.

And thanks to you all for the warm welcome.
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster

6. Back To Top    #6

By the way, if you give us some details of your pool, we could help estimate the volume. We need a description of the overall shape with at least length, width, and some depth measurements. A picture taken from as high as possible will help as well.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    By the way, if you give us some details of your pool, we could help estimate the volume. We need a description of the overall shape with at least length, width, and some depth measurements. A picture taken from as high as possible will help as well.
    I am going to brave this crazy wind later today and get that for you! thanks!
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by glitter&guns
    Quote Originally Posted by linen
    I am going to brave this crazy wind later today and get that for you! thanks!
    so YOU'RE the one responsible for all this wind in Houston today? good luck on your rebuild.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent