[Completed] Resurfacing - Palm Harbor, FL

Re: [Under Construction] Resurfacing - Palm Harbor, FL

IMG_20130624_181422.jpg

Re: [Under Construction] Resurfacing - Palm Harbor, FL

We are covering the existing deck with pavers. We decided to do the remodel in 2 stages mostly due to funds. We figure to do the pavers after the summer swimming season is over. Pool was almost full as of 6 am this morning. Woot!

And just because I haven't used my Speedstir in a few months...

FC 9.0
CC 0.5
pH 7.2 (PB recommends between 7 and 7.4 to reduce scaling)
TA 140
CH 210
CYA 0 (stabilizer goes in tomorrow)

Unfortunately, the pool light made by Sta-Rite (22 years old) is no longer functional so I'll need to replace it. And there's a small leak in the pool motor which is most likely due to a bad seal. For those on the fence with a build/remodel, take your time, do your due diligence, and in time your patience will be rewarded.

New to TFP, live in E Hillsborough and planning demo of concrete deck and paving around pool. Did you get your paving done, or are you going to pour concrete. any drainage issues due to uneven backyard. If so, how did you correct this?

Hey! We're in the queue for redoing our pool deck. We are placing thin pavers over the existing pool deck, adding a 3 inch warthog removal drain which will replace our french drain, then cutting some concrete on the outside of the pool cage and routing the drain into the backyard. We're hoping to start work at the end of the month so when we do I'll post some photos. Good luck!

Thanks Jorge,

Ineteresting how they cut back to allow for coping, and I suspect there wont be any change in skimmer cap height???. I would try it but our concrete deck is shot(trip spots, cracks, uneven, etc.) We're probably going for the full demo of the concrete deck and will set 60mm pavers into the existing coping after excavate, base, sand. Still have some backyard grade and pitch issues prior to pavers install as we have some high spots in yard. Your yard seems to have similiar levels as ours, and it looks like you resolved yard issues with stones and edging border outside screen room. How's that working out. May I ask who your doing pavers with?
m curious, does paver mfg warranty pavers on the concrete deck?

All the work is being done by Freestyle Pools. I'm sure they farm out some of the work like the coping. The reason the coping is how it is was due to the fact that the pool itself was not level when it was built or it's settled. By mudding up the coping, they were able to get a level waterline across the pool.

The retaining wall and french drain on the outside of the screened area was here before we moved in. There's a steep gradient between the two houses and the retaining wall helps a bit. The issue we're having is that when the water hits the french drain, it splits in 2 directions: toward a preserve and toward the french drain running inside the screened area. It's not a problem when it runs inside the screened area except for the fact that the french drain in the screened area leads to a wall causing the water to back up and flood our pool deck. By installing a new drain and cutting out some concrete and providing a path, we expect the flooding issues to be minimal at best.

I'll let everyone know how the pavers on the pool deck go when they start. Need to confirm where on the production schedule we're at actually.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sounds like you're on the right track regarding drainage issues. Prior to pavers instal, I may have to level and pitch some of the yard. Hopefully the deco or channel drain and downsputs run will prevent any backing up to our screen room.... we'll see. Look forward to your paver pics and completed project. v.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.