Should I have plumbing stubbed for pressure cleaner??

Sep 26, 2012
Right now we are going with tiger shark robotic cleaner. We have had a polaris in the past so we are familiar and feel we would like a robotic better. We have the option to stub out plumbing for a future pressure cleaner just in case just to the decking for free and all the way to the equipment for 150.00.

They will just cap it off at the pool while not in use they say... should we do this for a just in case. We will be in this house for 10 to 15 more years so this is it!

Any advise appreciated. Have to decide by in the morning as they are doing the plumbing stub outs and steel.

Thanks!! KIM

I don't see why not ... it is free ... although all the way to the pad would prevent future landscaping disruptions.

It seems like these little cheap things that we decide to skip are always the ones we end up regretting latter ... found that on my first house build.

Bama Rambler said:
I'd have it ran all the way to the pad. I'd also have it ran in 2" pipe with a 1½" wall fitting in the pool. That way it could be used for something other than a cleaner line.

I was thinking the same ... the 2" could then be used for a suction cleaner, pressure cleaner, another return, etc.

I think the pressure cleaners generally use a smaller pipe (right?), but should work fine on the larger pipe and offer more flexibility.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.