New Build Started Today! Cypress Texas

Ok.. Ready for some new pics? Here they are. Finished gunite on Saturday morning due to generator breaking down Friday night! Now today is plumbing and equipment.

Kids are already having fun and dog doesn't know what to think! The little blonde one in red shirt is my little man who turns 5 next month! He is so lucky!

8552174927_ba536e5ea3.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8085/8553277342_cdf699482c.jpg[img]
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8227/8553278630_223ab778ee.jpg
8553277130_25a7d760c5.jpg

8553276062_86eee8438d.jpg

Txsteel- It was always raised but it wasn't shown in the pic correctly I know! We are also getting a stacked flagstone spillway and the pic shows tile...

I ordered my slide last week so I need to check on where it is! That slide was expensive but it will be so much fun!

I have 3 things happening today! Plumbing is back, electrical and flagstone!

Txsteel- what is double cut? I am sure it is beautiful! We don't have much room either but had to have the slide!! My husband isn't for spending the money for sure, but I know we won't regret it. My little boy is so excited. So is mom!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, I have had a stressful day! I am not totally happy with my flagstone color.... It is supposed to be Oklahoma wister or whatever but it has alot of grey in it.... anyway, I know I am focusing on the small details and hopefully it will be much better when all finished etc. It just isn't what I expected.... I know flagstone has alot of variation but never expected so much grey. If I had know this I would have tried to pick out my actual slabs myself.

So, thats about it... good news is we may be able to plaster end of next week. They are hopefully going to work on decking starting saturday. So, we will see. I am hoping with time, all will be great. Just a stressful time!!

Here are a few close ups.. I will try to get some farther away tomorrow to show the big picture of things....
8557852893_a68f5493a1.jpg

8558959216_79ae0033d3.jpg

yes, that is right. that is what I am unhappy with.. they put them all together. It would not have been so noticeable.. I think I am stuck with it. I explained that to the pool builder and didn't get too far.. he just said there is variation in the stone etc.. but I said they should have spread them out... he sorta agreed but they were done at that point!! So, how feasible is it that they are going to fix it at no charge to me?? Not very ....

Honestly it is frustrating that these rock guys would need to be watched like a hawk.. I mean I was home today and I did make some comments but I just thought the rock was dirty you know with mortar and didn't notice the coloring.

I also find it hard to believe I am the only one that has these expectations.... it seems like common sense to me. am I just too picky??

I will take a pic of the whole thing tomorrow, it probably doesn't look as bad as that one spot, I hope. I kept looking at it and trying to like it.

It will look great, just like what my wife keeps telling me about ours.

I'm just hoping we get some dark stone. Most of the rock for the wall is light. I've asked a couple of time to make sure they try and pick out the darker flagstone for the coping, but we'll see.

txsteel- your sweet to try to destress me! Well, I have plenty of dark over here! Let's trade!

At least you were smart enough to ask for something specific. I just assumed it was all pretty much the same as what I have seen on here.. browns, rusts and some grey.

Anyway, thanks again.

Ok, sorry took so long.. been busy around here.

Thanks for the comments on my stone work.. I am feeling better about it.. getting used to it I guess.

Here are 2 more pics that show the overall look of it. It will be darker when cleaned and sealed due to salt water, but I think I am ok with it for the most part.

They are starting decking tomorrow! So exctited to get some of this mess cleaned up!

Hope we can plaster end of this week or early next! That would be less than 3 week build. Looks like we may make our April 13 or week after deadline for my son's birthday part afterall... we shall see.

8567496172_88f9d0e5c3.jpg

8566398467_dfb6d1a86b.jpg

The stone work looks great. I like how they did your scuppers. Your build is going very fast. We started the same day and I bet I'll be around 2 weeks later at completion.

Thanks Txsteel... I am excited. Yeah they are moving fast. They will start decking tomorrow.. was hoping for today! I am hoping to be done early next week. Anxious to get things back in order!

They are moving fast on yours, your stone work is going in.. do you have plumbing and electric yet, cant remember?

I'll keep watching! KIM

Texgirl, can you post another picture of the spa spillway, i want to see what the top looks like. I am doing the very same thing and i want to see what the top will look like. Your pool looks great and i think the group of grey stone will go unnoticed when it gets filled with water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.