AG Pool install Floor, wall, and coving foam

jrr426

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 21, 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Going to have a 18x33x54 pool installed :mrgreen:
Questions:
1. Is the floor, wall, and coving foam worth it?
2. advantages and disadvantages?
3. are all created equal? (have heard some about this gorilla pool pad)
4. best places to order

:party: By the way this site and community ROCKS :party:

Thank each and everyone of you for all you openess, honesty, and all around great advice. :cheers:

It all depends.... do you have, moles, armadillos, or trees close to your pool? If so, then definitely go with some kind of foam or gorilla pad. In my opinion I think the gorilla pad is best. If not, then just go with sand. The squishiness of the foam will soon diminish anyway. As far as wall foam, I don't think it's worth it for a new pool. Now if you had an older pool, yes.

I'll give another vote for the gorilla pad. Wall foam isn't usually worth the cost or installation. The foam cove definitely is worth it. It's easy to apply and gives you a good uniform cove around the pool.

Understand each product:
- foam wall and bottom is for comfort and, some claim, additional retention of heat - although I'm personally not sold on that
- foam pad bottom won't stop rodents or rocks or weeds coming up
- Gorilla pad is not foam, it's a very thin (ie: 1/16th inch) geotextile fabric that has absolutely no cushion value but claims to stop anything (glass, rocks, weeds, roots, etc) coming up thru it and poking the liner
- I have Gorilla pad on my pool, it's near some trees so there's future potential for roots to come up, it is a very very tough fabric and I can beleive it will do it's job. There is no cushion to it, none, and it leaves a slight pattern on liner (ie: wrinkles, etc)
- the foam cove is simply an easier way to build the cove when you install, it's not necessary, you can use base material to build the cove, when I built my pool I quickly came to the conclusion that the price was worth avoiding the labor, since then it has worked very well and was simple to install

My AB ground pool gets delivered today, I purchased the gorilla pad, cove and foam wall pad. My question is this: since i purchased the cove, that will take place of the sand covie when I install my pool right?.

I talked to the pool installer to day he says the foam cove, foam wall not really worth it. But gorilla pad a good idea but not needed. The sand he uses has never had a rock come thru. He did say if I want it he will install free if it is one piece if it is the kind you have to tape together he will charge extra

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.