Groundwater - Normal?

Nov 26, 2012
We are building a new pool in Dallas. They installed the Stonescapes today. Our pool is 8 feet deep. We still have ground water coming in from the main drain. Is this normal? They are supposed to acid wash and fill our pool tomorrow. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!!!

It is normal if your ground water is only 7 feet below the ground and they installed a relief valve to prevent the pool from floating out of the ground when empty. They will just pump it out if required.

Our PB said they would run a pump on the deadline if needed, but by the time they got to plaster our water table had dropped below the pool bottom. Prior to that we had about a foot of water in the pool. Before they did our pebble finish they washed down the pool, pumped out all the water, and plugged the drains... In your case I guess they will pump the groundwater prior to the acid wash and plug the drains - unless (as noted in prior post) you have automatic valves on the plugs?

Our pool builder said they would install the hydrostatic plugs when they acid wash the pool tomorrow. We had about 3 feet of water after digging. About 1 foot of water after gunite. And today after plaster 6 - 8 inches. I just wanted to make sure this was normal. From what I am reading online - looks like this is OK. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.