Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

So I added a new platform that I finished up the other day when it was near 80 degrees... it's now snowing! Dang it!!! Check it out. I built it by myself and I'm pretty impressed with it! lol

I used a blue pool noodle to give it a clean finished look up against the pool. lol

With pump and filter...

I need to do a lot of cleaning up since opening the pool. It's a work in progress.

It came with the plug so I just leave it on there but it does leak a dribble here and there.

Last month I bought 2 umbrella holders at Wally World. The pool gets full sun all day so it wouldn't take long for me to burn! I need a bit of shade for these instances when I don't want that hot sun blasting me! I hope this works for me. I installed them close to the pool.

Don't mind the cinder block. I use it to stand on. Those 54" walls are tall! lol

Planted a wild flower mix of seeds on the hillside. Hopeful to see them grow soon...

As you can see, I'm getting sun at 7pm here. No lie, the pool gets sun for nearly 12 hours a day, all day long!

I've got the umbrella holders on the outside of this portion of the wall where the sun sets... I just need a little shade!!!

Wow that's a lot of sun a day... My pool gets about 8 hours... Those umbrella holders are awesome... You've just given me another idea for my place... Thanks Casey... :) Can't wait to see the wild flowers come up behind the pool... Very pretty.....:)

Thanks Lacygirl! Once you get the pool set up, you always find something to add to it to make it better! Jimmy and I are in cahoots on where the deck should begin and end. I want it (need it :mrgreen: ) from the corner of the garage and wrap around to where I planted the seeds. That's all I want... lol.

I don't know either but I'm over there everyday and I'll keep an eye on it. I would assume it's not going to be an issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My wonderful hubby just told me he's putting a deck on our pool in a few weeks!!! I'm so excited!!! :mrgreen:

Casey - sent you a pm... but not sure which you'd see first. What kind of liner did you go with - beaded, overlap, unibead? What would your recommendation be if you were to do it again?

Thanks,
Bob-

I just saw it and answered there but If I'd re order a liner, I'd go with the j hook again. It was really simple to install.

As soon as the weather clears, were going to mark out the deck, get the supplies and rent an excavator again to dig a foot into the hillside to accommodate the deck.

SO HAPPY I saw this thread!! Seen your pool in posts and all your help and advice, after reading this thread I have a new appreciation for you. Wow!!! What a year you have had. I am so thankful Jim pulled through and is doing great. A miracle and gift for sure.

As far as the pool and all your work, you are just one kick *** woman!! Congrats and I hope we have a long hot summer for you to enjoy.

Whoo hoo on the deck too!!! Can't wait to see the progress there too. We are building a deck now, it's taking longer then I hoped, but I smile every time I walk on it. Finishing the floor tomorrow and starting the railing. HOPING pool goes in next week, then we need to build a pool deck to connect to new deck.

Can't wait to see and read more!!!

Thanks MermaidMama! I hope it's a hot one so we can lounge in the pool. :mrgreen: as soon as the rain moves out, we're going to get started on the layout. I'm very excited and have this vision in my head of what it's suppose to look like when looking at the back of the deck towards the road above.

I was swimming the other day and the neighbor above me was watching me. I told Jimmy that we need some big evergreens going from the garage to the other side of the property. He wants the trees to arch with the pool and then I have my plans to go along with his. I want to skip the railing on the whole back side of the deck. Since we're digging into the hillside, I want to take a 2x8 or 10 and stack at least 2 of them to build that up. I'll add the dirt back in with gravel against the wood and have some nice shrubs and flowers planted in there behind the deck and use the evergreens as a permanent fence/barrier. Once it grows up, it should be impenetrable.

I LOVE that idea for behind your deck!! Now, after working in the hot sun, you have a lovely place to cool off and relax. That's going to be real nice! Can't wait to read all about it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.