Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pool fence - dog ramp - styrofoam bottom questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pool fence - dog ramp - styrofoam bottom questions

I'm wondering if anyone as successfully installed a fence around their Intex abg pool? Also, we are looking for ideas on building a "ramp" or steps for our small dogs to get in and out of the pool. The ones we've found online aren't recommended for an agp. And the last question I have is does anyone have a link of where to buy the styrofoam for underneath the pool?

This is our second Intex and we want to be able to keep this one up year round. We had the 16x48 before, we are going with the 14x48 this go round as we use it primarily for relaxation and exercise.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex pool fence - dog ramp - styrofoam bottom questions

Welcome to TFP.

I can't help with the fence or ramp, but you can get the foam at a local home improvement store.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

http://www.vkrpets.com/skamper-ramp-for-pools/ I ran across this recently,I don't see why it couldn't be adapted to your pool.(unless you don't have a deck)
    Rob

Cozumel AGP 24' 14,700 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump
    Sta-rite Cristol-Flo II 2.3sq.ft. sand filter
    SWCG,Uni-bead liner
    Borates
    TF-100 Testkit....$68,cheap insurance for a trouble free pool season

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks y'all

5. Back To Top    #5

I use a PetSTEP ramp (http://www.petstep.com/petstep-dog-ramp.htm) on a custom-built PVC stand in our soft-side pool. I don't have a picture of the stand details, but here are a couple of pictures that will give you an idea of how it works. Our ramp is built to withstand the impact of very exuberant Labradors and it takes quite a beating. If we had small dogs, or only one or two, I would go with a simple PVC stand for the bottom of the ramp. It doesn't have to take much weight.

17' x 29.5' x 4' Splash Superpool AGP, 15,000 gal, Hayward S244T sand filter, Sta-Rite ABG4E-2A4BBB 1hp pump, BBB / TF100 test kit
    East-Central Illinois

6. Back To Top    #6

I use "R-board" on the last couple of Intex pools. I used the 1 inch thick stuff on top of the sand I used for leveling. Made for a nice "firm" floor but was giving enough. This year I am adding a 1/8 poly pad on top of the insulation. You could easily see all my duct taped seams on the floor of the pool.

Bob E.

7. Back To Top    #7

I put a make shift fence around my Intex Ultra. I bough some of the pre-cut lumber rails from HomeDepot ($1 each) I notched a "c" shape in the same spot of each post (about 12-15" from the bottom) so it would rest against the top pool rail and used zip-ties to attach them to each of the pool uprights/legs. I'm sure you could also shoot some screws in the lumber attaching them to the legs of the pool (pool was new so I didn't want to)

I went around the pool with the some green garden fence. I attaching it with zip ties to the post.

Fence: (I used green)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/1003840...N#.UT0MnxxEF8g

Ties:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tenax-7-i...7#.UT0MxBxEF8g

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2020881...7#.UT0NaRxEF8g

PVC pipe would work too but I used what I already had on hand just to detour the kids from jumping in before I was ready. Helps to keep the toys in the pool but makes skimming a pain.
    Intex 12'x36" Ultra Frame AGP (1,779 Gal) | Intex Krystal Clear 12" Sand Filter/Pump (SF10110) | Intex Krystal Clear SWG (CS8110)
    Nearly-level with Sand & Tarp underneath.
    Pool Owner (Since July 2012) w/ 3 Happy Kids (13yrs, 9yrs, 4yrs)

8. Back To Top    #8

This is what alot of people on here use under the pool.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/1003203...1#.UT0PBRxEF8g

Just duck tape the seems like someone said. HTH
    Intex 12'x36" Ultra Frame AGP (1,779 Gal) | Intex Krystal Clear 12" Sand Filter/Pump (SF10110) | Intex Krystal Clear SWG (CS8110)
    Nearly-level with Sand & Tarp underneath.
    Pool Owner (Since July 2012) w/ 3 Happy Kids (13yrs, 9yrs, 4yrs)

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi! I came across your reply here and would LOVE to see photos of your ramp and custom-built PVC stand for your AGP! I am trying to see if I can make something like this work for two German Shepherds who love and need to swim, but I need to get them in and out of an Intex 16 x 32 portable pool safely before I take the plunge and buy the pool for them. The photos attached to your post a while ago no longer show up. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tschaefges View Post
    I use a PetSTEP ramp (http://www.petstep.com/petstep-dog-ramp.htm) on a custom-built PVC stand in our soft-side pool. I don't have a picture of the stand details, but here are a couple of pictures that will give you an idea of how it works. Our ramp is built to withstand the impact of very exuberant Labradors and it takes quite a beating. If we had small dogs, or only one or two, I would go with a simple PVC stand for the bottom of the ramp. It doesn't have to take much weight.

Trying to get the least expensive alternative for my dogs to swim THIS summer so due to lack of pool installers willing to prepare the site, the pups will get an 18' x 42" Easy Set pool to tie them over this late in the season. Hopefully with some dremel action on their nails, we MAY not pop the ring too fast!

10. Back To Top    #10

Here is my thread on a Fence around the top of my pool. This was done a few years back I had one upright pole break in the 2 years it has been installed. The Original cost was around $400. But it looks great.

Viynylworks 24 safety fence install
    20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.