Pool Pilot Digital Nano, Opinions?

Mar 4, 2013
Hi,

I am looking at adding a SWG to my 18’x40’ aboveground pool. I am thinking about getting the AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital Nano. I know these have not been out for too many years, but I am wonder what people that have them, think about them so far. Have there been many issues with them?

Thanks for the help,
Ryan

Welcome to TFP!

Their pervious model, the DIG-220 is very well thought of, and there have been very few reports of problems with the Nano. All brands of SWG have some problems, but so far at least, the Nano fewer problems than most.

That depends on how you value things. The Nano has some nice features that the CompuPool does not, things like a full alpha numeric display that shows information in plain language instead of a couple of digits and a few LEDs on the CompuPool, plus temperature compensated chlorine production. Both units have everything you really need, and the Nano has extras that make your life easier, but aren't essential.

Is the Digital Nano worth the extra money versus the Compu Pool CPSC36?

I'm of course partial to the Nano but here are some thoughts...

As for reliability the Nano is largely based off of the same technology, design and parts used in the full Pool PIlot Digital DIG-220 unit. In fact the manifold, cell and tri-sensor are completely the same.

One major advantage is that the Pool Pilot Digital Nano uses tri-sensor technology. This not only gives you temperature compensation as JasonLion mentions but also gives you the best salt testing technology in the industry for accurate readings.

Pool Pilot products are made in the US and have been since 1976.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.