Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pilot Digital Nano, Opinions?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Pilot Digital Nano, Opinions?

Hi,

I am looking at adding a SWG to my 18x40 aboveground pool. I am thinking about getting the AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital Nano. I know these have not been out for too many years, but I am wonder what people that have them, think about them so far. Have there been many issues with them?

Thanks for the help,
    Ryan

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Pilot Digital Nano, Opinions?

Welcome to TFP!

Their pervious model, the DIG-220 is very well thought of, and there have been very few reports of problems with the Nano. All brands of SWG have some problems, but so far at least, the Nano fewer problems than most.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Is the Digital Nano worth the extra money versus the Compu Pool CPSC36?

4. Back To Top    #4

That depends on how you value things. The Nano has some nice features that the CompuPool does not, things like a full alpha numeric display that shows information in plain language instead of a couple of digits and a few LEDs on the CompuPool, plus temperature compensated chlorine production. Both units have everything you really need, and the Nano has extras that make your life easier, but aren't essential.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Is the Digital Nano worth the extra money versus the Compu Pool CPSC36?
    I'm of course partial to the Nano but here are some thoughts...

As for reliability the Nano is largely based off of the same technology, design and parts used in the full Pool PIlot Digital DIG-220 unit. In fact the manifold, cell and tri-sensor are completely the same.

One major advantage is that the Pool Pilot Digital Nano uses tri-sensor technology. This not only gives you temperature compensation as JasonLion mentions but also gives you the best salt testing technology in the industry for accurate readings.

Pool Pilot products are made in the US and have been since 1976.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps