Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TDS ?

1. Back To Top    #1

TDS ?

I just had my new Pentair installed by a local company as I don't have the time, he put installed it and just left, in conversation I had told him that I'm doing the BBB method and just started in the last 2 weeks and showed him my test numbers, He asked if I checked for TDS (Total Disolved Solids) I just did a search here and don't see much about it, any advise please? Do I deal with it, he also said check for metals in the water?

What do you think?

Thanks,

Roth
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: TDS ?

TDS is irrelevant. Don't waste your time testing for it.

Metals can be a hassle but typically come from something other than municipal water. What is your fill source?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

city water so I wont even check it out, thanks again D.
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

I haven't got a clue what my TDS are. I've never had it tested. My water is clear enough to toss a quarter in the deep end and call heads or tails from the deck. It's a useless bit of information that pool stores use to get you to drain the pool so you can start the buy-dump-buy more cycle all over again. I think the installer is just parroting what he's been told.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!