Compu Pool CPSC36 Plumbing Questions

bgrove

Aug 24, 2012
I'm getting ready for my spring projects, one of them being converting to salt water chlorination by installing a CPSC 36 that I recently purchased. I have a couple of questions regarding how the unit should be plumbed in.

First, when I've seen pictures of other people's installs, they typically have a vertical run of PVC to the cell. Is there a reason to have a vertical rise to the cell? I was planning to connect a couple of elbows directly to the unions to mount it into short horizontal run coming out of my heater, so the cell would be more or less inline.

Second, since this is going to be mounted pretty close to my heater output, would it make sense to include a check valve?

The cell has to be installed horizontal with the ports facing down. As far as I can tell there's no minimum vertical distance required. The only drawback to installing it real close to the 90's is that if you ever have a problem with the plumbing you have to replace the union halves.

I'd definitely install a check valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.