Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Compu Pool CPSC36 Plumbing Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Compu Pool CPSC36 Plumbing Questions

I'm getting ready for my spring projects, one of them being converting to salt water chlorination by installing a CPSC 36 that I recently purchased. I have a couple of questions regarding how the unit should be plumbed in.

First, when I've seen pictures of other people's installs, they typically have a vertical run of PVC to the cell. Is there a reason to have a vertical rise to the cell? I was planning to connect a couple of elbows directly to the unions to mount it into short horizontal run coming out of my heater, so the cell would be more or less inline.

Second, since this is going to be mounted pretty close to my heater output, would it make sense to include a check valve?
    33,000 Gallon 20 x 40 IG Freeform Plastered Concrete, Hayward DE4820 ProGrid Filter, Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass II 1HP pump, Raypack R185 200,000 BTU heater, Polaris 280 Cleaner, Spa

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Compu Pool CPSC36 Plumbing Questions

The cell has to be installed horizontal with the ports facing down. As far as I can tell there's no minimum vertical distance required. The only drawback to installing it real close to the 90's is that if you ever have a problem with the plumbing you have to replace the union halves.

I'd definitely install a check valve.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit