SWG Newb

No, the drawing is done nicely, man. No worries as I see what you mean. Two things... My lawn guy will destroy it and there's not enough room on that pipe to do so. I like the way you're thinking though! That would be the simplest way to do it if I could!

Yeah... :: sighing ::

So, here's what I think I'm going to have to do... It's not pretty, and please excuse the harshities of this rendition (I'm at home, and only had powerpoint to do this on), but what do you all think of this?

Overview of what I'm starting with:
Slide1_zpse88e6065.jpg

Chop, Chop!!!!
Slide2_zpsb470381f.jpg

Final product:
Slide3_zpsc089bffa.jpg

I'd basically have to cut everything off, add 2" to 2" adapters near the ground, then rebuild everything. With PVC fittings, PVC pipe, and valves, it'll be around a $300 to do. Of course, these drawing are over-simplified and I'm open to any other suggestions.

I can only think of one alternative that makes any sense. It means replacing much less, but will end up with 3 more 90s in the pipe runs. You should be able to patch into the pipe that Bama showed in his diagram yet still mount the manifold at about the same place as shown in your diagram. It will take three more 90s in the run to get to the correct spot to tie into the horizontal with the manifold, but it looks possible and leaves far more of your existing plumbing intact.

If you do replace "everything", try to leave yourself extra pipe to cut into the next time this comes up. Mostly that would mean leaving as much of the vertical pipe coming out of the ground as you possibly can.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think that I may have a solution, but it'll be tight. It's generalizing after JasonLion's post above. I think I understand what you mean, and that would save me a ton of money if I can pull it off.

Thanks for the email Josh! I think I may have a solution for this afterall. I know you are concerned with flow through the manifold system, but I'm thinking that I should be good with the valves closed off.

My wife told me to hire someone to install it all. The gall... LOL!

Hope you all had a nice Spring Break off! If you had to work, I'm right there on board with ya'! :) :(

Anyhoo, I just wanted to update the thread a little bit. I got my pump from PSW yesterday and just got the chance to dig into it. They boxed up the box that it came in, and added another box around it. Inside, they packed with those plastic air bubble things (not bubble wrap, the bigger stuff). Overkill? Maybe; but I appreciated it because the Jandy box came slightly damaged. Nothing was damaged inside, thank goodness.

Here's some pics... not much, but took them anyway.

IMG_20130316_114429_801_zps77ae7cff.jpg

IMG_20130316_115819_314_zpsd6b6c6d7.jpg

Impressions:

1. The box was heavier and bigger than expected.
2. The pump itself is pretty big.
3. The collector basket appears to be twice the size of my current pump's.
4. The pump appears surprisingly similar to the current pump I run (Jandy PHPF2.0-2 PlusHP).

So, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask this... Will this pump be a direct swap with my current one? Also, in terms of the Aqualink RS, will it see that I can program RPMs to the new pump automatically?

flipside said:
Hope you all had a nice Spring Break off! If you had to work, I'm right there on board with ya'! :) :(

Anyhoo, I just wanted to update the thread a little bit. I got my pump from PSW yesterday and just got the chance to dig into it. They boxed up the box that it came in, and added another box around it. Inside, they packed with those plastic air bubble things (not bubble wrap, the bigger stuff). Overkill? Maybe; but I appreciated it because the Jandy box came slightly damaged. Nothing was damaged inside, thank goodness.

Here's some pics... not much, but took them anyway.

IMG_20130316_114429_801_zps77ae7cff.jpg

IMG_20130316_115819_314_zpsd6b6c6d7.jpg

Impressions:

1. The box was heavier and bigger than expected.
2. The pump itself is pretty big.
3. The collector basket appears to be twice the size of my current pump's.
4. The pump appears surprisingly similar to the current pump I run (Jandy PHPF2.0-2 PlusHP).

So, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask this... Will this pump be a direct swap with my current one? Also, in terms of the Aqualink RS, will it see that I can program RPMs to the new pump automatically?
Flip,

Is you system automated and if so which controller do you have. I have the aqualink rs w/ the pda and I have the same pump you have pictured and I can control the various speeds w/ the pda.

Jerry

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Here's some pictures of what I did today...

IMG_20130316_161607_541_zps9a792de6.jpg

First I removed the cleaner pump. In removing it from the electric panel, I found this:

IMG_20130316_161630_765_zps96e69b14.jpg

I don't know if you can see it or not, but that's a busted connection. A few months back the cleaner was acting up, so rather than buying a new one, I bought an electric one. Now I see why the cleaner wasn't working. Ugh...

IMG_20130316_161616_393_zps42c7b07b.jpg

Then I removed the old pump.

IMG_20130316_161953_449_zps4ce5921f.jpg

Here's the old one and the new one. The in's and out's are different. :(

IMG_20130316_162209_154_zpse4dd3078.jpg

I pulled the old wiring off the old pump.

IMG_20130316_164527_551_zps33a31125.jpg

And made-ready it here.

IMG_20130316_164536_697_zps7c3ecd56.jpg

Here's the Aqualink connections. Dips are wrong. I set them for the controller by accident. They are all down as of now.

IMG_20130316_165531_764_zps7a76fb0e.jpg

12 AWG THNN

IMG_20130316_165721_077_zps6e098fcb.jpg

Cover back on...

IMG_20130316_191219_435_zps73e45fce.jpg

Test fit. NOPE! :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.