Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Stenner Pump installation

1. Back To Top    #1

New Stenner Pump installation

Hello everyone. Thanks for all of the information that has been shared on this forum.

After reading everything that I could regarding using a Stenner pump for bleach automation, I decided to take the plunge and could not be happier. In hopes of giving back something to the group I am posting a link to pics of my project. I hope it works - I have never used photobucket before and in the FAQ it looks like that may be a preferred way of posting pics. Please let me know if I post the link incorrectly or if I need to post them directly until my 200 post threshold.

A few notes about tweaks that I did on the project:

1) I wanted to put everything in a small cabinet to protect the pump from the elements. Probably not needed, but it was an excuse to build a PVC stand. I also use the cabinet to store spare parts, funnels etc.

2) I opted for the flow indicator which I mounted on the side of the cabinet. This way when traveling I can ask my wife if the little ball is bouncing when the pump is supposed to be running.

3) I automated the timing with my Easytouch using a relay connected outlet. This allows me to assign pump speeds to ensure the pump is running when pumping and also to give me a lit button when it is running. It is also nice to be able to touch a button and know that my chlorine is going up by 1ppm (using an egg timer schedule)

4) I am using my Rainbow 320 as the insertion point. I opted for the lower port in hopes that the flowing water would prevent buildup. This also allows me to use pucks if needed as I built a PVC standoff to raise the plastic grate over the insertion point. Pictures of the standoff are in the album.

5) I created a safety label for my bleach tank - let me know if interested and I am more than happy to share.

Again - many thanks for all the info on this site. I hope that something in this project is informative for someone.

http://s1307.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ner%20Pump
    18,000 Gallon IG, Pebble Sheen, Quartzite coping
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection
    TF100 + PoolCalculator + This Site!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Stenner Pump installation

Looks Good!!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Very clean and clever fabrication. Looks nice.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

4. Back To Top    #4

Many thanks. Now I just need to figure out if I keep my brand new liquidator to play around with or try to sell it. I plumbed it but never put it into action after I read about the Stenner pumps.
    18,000 Gallon IG, Pebble Sheen, Quartzite coping
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection
    TF100 + PoolCalculator + This Site!

5. Back To Top    #5

RJWard.....can you explain the PVC risers and what they are for? Very nice setup! I just ordered my pump and have the 15 gallon container ready to go.
    30,000 plaster in-ground pool with spa; 2.5HP single speed Centurion pump; Raypak RP2100 propane heater; Polaris 280 with pump, waterfall with separate pump, Triton II commercial sand filter; TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir