Hello everyone. Thanks for all of the information that has been shared on this forum.
After reading everything that I could regarding using a Stenner pump for bleach automation, I decided to take the plunge and could not be happier. In hopes of giving back something to the group I am posting a link to pics of my project. I hope it works - I have never used photobucket before and in the FAQ it looks like that may be a preferred way of posting pics. Please let me know if I post the link incorrectly or if I need to post them directly until my 200 post threshold.
A few notes about tweaks that I did on the project:
1) I wanted to put everything in a small cabinet to protect the pump from the elements. Probably not needed, but it was an excuse to build a PVC stand. I also use the cabinet to store spare parts, funnels etc.
2) I opted for the flow indicator which I mounted on the side of the cabinet. This way when traveling I can ask my wife if the little ball is bouncing when the pump is supposed to be running.
3) I automated the timing with my Easytouch using a relay connected outlet. This allows me to assign pump speeds to ensure the pump is running when pumping and also to give me a lit button when it is running. It is also nice to be able to touch a button and know that my chlorine is going up by 1ppm (using an egg timer schedule)
4) I am using my Rainbow 320 as the insertion point. I opted for the lower port in hopes that the flowing water would prevent buildup. This also allows me to use pucks if needed as I built a PVC standoff to raise the plastic grate over the insertion point. Pictures of the standoff are in the album.
5) I created a safety label for my bleach tank - let me know if interested and I am more than happy to share.
Again - many thanks for all the info on this site. I hope that something in this project is informative for someone.
http://s1307.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ner%20Pump