Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speedstir Magnetic stirrer

1. Back To Top    #1

Speedstir Magnetic stirrer

Does anyone have experience using the Speedstir magnetic stirrer? Is it just a gimmick or does it really help? Would appreciate any feedback from someone who has tried it.

Thanks,
    Rich
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Speedstir Magnetic stirrer

Buy one, you will love it. I makes testing so much easier, and more importantly much more accurate.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I can not imagine NOT having one - it is that great. You will definitely love it.
    18,000 Gallon IG, Pebble Sheen, Quartzite coping
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection
    TF100 + PoolCalculator + This Site!

4. Back To Top    #4

Cant live without it
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Wouldn't trade mine for anything! Talk about making testing easy! Buy one NOW!
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

6. Back To Top    #6

I donít even want to think about doing a hardness test (with a high ch) manually. Get the speedstir you wonít regret it.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

7. Back To Top    #7

It makes testing a breeze! It is my favorite pool toy.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

8. Back To Top    #8

For tests that requires LOTS of swirling and drop counting while looking for the subtlest of chnges (i.e. the calcium hardness test), it makes things so much easier.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Hi, Rich,

DISCLAIMER - I sell it!

I was skeptical of the darn thing for the first 6 months or more that it was available. I assumed it really had to be only for pool nerds (wait a minute....I am one so that argument didn't work ) and probably not of much real value.

I finally broke down and got my own and I got a sheepish grin on my face during the first test.....now I knew what everyone was talking about.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

A must have IMHO Try it, you will not regret this purchase.
    10,000 gallons IG Freeform, 8ft raised spa,pebble finish
    FNS 60 Sqft DE Filter,2HP Whisperflow for Pool/Spa filtering
    2HP Whisperflow for Spa jets
    1HP Whisperflow for Waterfall
    Master Temp 400,000 Btu Heater

11. Back To Top    #11

Love mine!! Makes testing so much easier and accurate!!
    East TN
    13,000 gal San Juan Fiberglass Pool;SWG; GoldLine Pro Logic Controls
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Max-Flo XL Pump;Polaris 380; Hayward ColorLogic LED
    Raypak Gas Heater

12. Back To Top    #12

It is really nice to have it!!!
    Trilogy "Fiberglass" Pool,
    15x34 8900 gal.
    Pentair 1hp Super-Flo Pump
    Pentair CC100 Cartridge Filter, Pentair "Legend" Cleaner

13. Back To Top    #13

I did stirring manually for about 2 seasons before I decided it was silly to not give it a try. It's definitely worth the money! The light makes it much easier to see the color and forgetting how many drops have been used is far less likely since you don't have to stir it yourself in between drops.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]