Waiting for permits in Tampa Bay...

Feb 2, 2013
Tampa Bay
PB selection and contracts done...awaiting permits, which I hear might take several weeks here! Rrrgg.. Design is 95% done. Thought I would post a fairly accurate depiction. Thanks to all that contribute on this forum!

16x28 gunite with mini Pebble finish.
4x8 sun shelf
7' spa with flagstone exterior
Stonelock pavers
Pentair equipment, gas heat
Easytouch control with Screenlogic smartphone interface

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 252
Welcome! Just wanted to let you know that this forum requires that you to take and post lots of pics! :mrgreen:

We signed last week, and I volunteered to get the permits to save a few bucks. Anyway, we live in a small metro St. Louis town. I called the zoning phone number and a lady answered and said, "just bring down your pool design, and it can be hand sketched on paper." I went down, she filled out the form for me, took my sketch, and it costs $60 (incl electric/gas). Took all of 10 min, then she said "You are good, here is your paperwork, have fun". Maybe this is normal, but I was shocked at how easy, fast, and cheap it was. Is this normal? I think the PB (who has not worked in our township before) was thinking this would be a very lengthy process, as he was going to send me cad drawings, etc for the permit. Just curious.

In the larger cities it can take a few weeks for plan review,more if they have questions.In a small town your pool is probably one of only a couple of construction projects going on right now,so they have time to review your plans right away.When I got my plans reviewed the county engineer stood at the front counter with me looked at the plans asked a couple of questions stamped my drawings and I was on my way in 15-20 min.

geekfamily said:
I went down, she filled out the form for me, took my sketch, and it costs $60 (incl electric/gas). Took all of 10 min, then she said "You are good, here is your paperwork, have fun". Maybe this is normal, but I was shocked at how easy, fast, and cheap it was.

Mine were $3000.00 pool & electrical.

geekfamily said:
Is this normal?

Not in Sonoma county, CA, that's for sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
geekfamily said:
We signed last week, and I volunteered to get the permits to save a few bucks. Anyway, we live in a small metro St. Louis town. I called the zoning phone number and a lady answered and said, "just bring down your pool design, and it can be hand sketched on paper." I went down, she filled out the form for me, took my sketch, and it costs $60 (incl electric/gas). Took all of 10 min, then she said "You are good, here is your paperwork, have fun". Maybe this is normal, but I was shocked at how easy, fast, and cheap it was. Is this normal? I think the PB (who has not worked in our township before) was thinking this would be a very lengthy process, as he was going to send me cad drawings, etc for the permit. Just curious.

I've been waiting on st louis county for 3 weeks to approve my permit and we have a 5 page, extremely detailed plan that was sent over. They said because we have a retaining wall and septic system it took longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.