Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Waiting for permits in Tampa Bay...

1. Back To Top    #1

Waiting for permits in Tampa Bay...

PB selection and contracts done...awaiting permits, which I hear might take several weeks here! Rrrgg.. Design is 95% done. Thought I would post a fairly accurate depiction. Thanks to all that contribute on this forum!

16x28 gunite with mini Pebble finish.
    4x8 sun shelf
    7' spa with flagstone exterior
    Stonelock pavers
    Pentair equipment, gas heat
    Easytouch control with Screenlogic smartphone interface
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION - 16x28' Freeform Pool with sunshelf, 3.5'-5.5' depth;
    7' Spa raised 18", 6 jets alternating heights, Flagstone on raised beam
    Stonescapes mini pebble finish, Tropical Blue; Stonelock Artistic Pavers; Bronze aluminum screen enclosure
    Sta-Rite Intelliflo 3HP VS Pump and DE Filter, SWG, 400K BTU Gas Heater, Globrite LED Lights
    Easy Touch Automation with Screenlogic smartphone interface[/b]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Waiting for permits in Tampa Bay...

I,m also waiting for permits in the tampa bay area(Lutz), may I ask who is your builder? thanx vince

3. Back To Top    #3

Riviera.
    Stonescapes mini pebble finish, Tropical Blue; Stonelock Artistic Pavers; Bronze aluminum screen enclosure
    Sta-Rite Intelliflo 3HP VS Pump and DE Filter, SWG, 400K BTU Gas Heater, Globrite LED Lights

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome! Just wanted to let you know that this forum requires that you to take and post lots of pics!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Have you considered whether or not you will use a saltwater chlorine generator or not yet?

6. Back To Top    #6

Permits? For what please?
    10,000 gallon in-ground pool. Tiled concrete. Sand filter. Completed 1st Jan 2012.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Permits? For what please?
    Almost everywhere in the United States permits are required before you can build a pool. Especially inside a larger city.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

We signed last week, and I volunteered to get the permits to save a few bucks. Anyway, we live in a small metro St. Louis town. I called the zoning phone number and a lady answered and said, "just bring down your pool design, and it can be hand sketched on paper." I went down, she filled out the form for me, took my sketch, and it costs $60 (incl electric/gas). Took all of 10 min, then she said "You are good, here is your paperwork, have fun". Maybe this is normal, but I was shocked at how easy, fast, and cheap it was. Is this normal? I think the PB (who has not worked in our township before) was thinking this would be a very lengthy process, as he was going to send me cad drawings, etc for the permit. Just curious.
    Paul
    Sterling Steel IGP lagoon 21' x 35' w/6' deep end, Pentair 5g LED lights (x2), Pentair Landscape LED light, Pentiar IntelliFlo VS pump, Pentair 420 Cartridge filter, Pentair IC20, 4 gas Tiki Torches, LoopLoc Ultra Loc II, Deck Jets(x3), Raised Planter Bed with 3 Pentair bronze sheer decents, AquaBot Breeze 4WD, Pentair Legend II

9. Back To Top    #9

In the larger cities it can take a few weeks for plan review,more if they have questions.In a small town your pool is probably one of only a couple of construction projects going on right now,so they have time to review your plans right away.When I got my plans reviewed the county engineer stood at the front counter with me looked at the plans asked a couple of questions stamped my drawings and I was on my way in 15-20 min.
    Rob

Cozumel AGP 24' 14,700 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump
    Sta-rite Cristol-Flo II 2.3sq.ft. sand filter
    SWCG,Uni-bead liner
    Borates
    TF-100 Testkit....$68,cheap insurance for a trouble free pool season

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by geekfamily
    I went down, she filled out the form for me, took my sketch, and it costs $60 (incl electric/gas). Took all of 10 min, then she said "You are good, here is your paperwork, have fun". Maybe this is normal, but I was shocked at how easy, fast, and cheap it was.
    Mine were $3000.00 pool & electrical.

Is this normal?
    Not in Sonoma county, CA, that's for sure.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

11. Back To Top    #11

Congrats on the decision!
    15,000 gal. Free Form IG PebbleTec Pool, 50sqft Oval Spa with 24" Spill Over, 2 Crystal Foam Jets on Tanning Ledge
    Pentair 2HP, Pentair DE Filter, Aquapure SWCG, Jandy iAqualink System
    Pentair 400K BTU Heater, TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool build: new-pool-build-in-tampa-fl-updated-3-25-t54884.html

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Have you considered whether or not you will use a saltwater chlorine generator or not yet?
    Yes, I am going with SWG and a DE Filter. Pump is 3HP vs.

13. Back To Top    #13

Dig Finally Got Our Permit Last Week! Layout Guy Dropped Off Stuff Today! Dig Starts Tomorrow Afternoon!

14. Back To Top    #14

We signed last week, and I volunteered to get the permits to save a few bucks. Anyway, we live in a small metro St. Louis town. I called the zoning phone number and a lady answered and said, "just bring down your pool design, and it can be hand sketched on paper." I went down, she filled out the form for me, took my sketch, and it costs $60 (incl electric/gas). Took all of 10 min, then she said "You are good, here is your paperwork, have fun". Maybe this is normal, but I was shocked at how easy, fast, and cheap it was. Is this normal? I think the PB (who has not worked in our township before) was thinking this would be a very lengthy process, as he was going to send me cad drawings, etc for the permit. Just curious.
    I've been waiting on st louis county for 3 weeks to approve my permit and we have a 5 page, extremely detailed plan that was sent over. They said because we have a retaining wall and septic system it took longer.
    Build under way:http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/jc...982/slideshow/

42'-18' Freeform Shotcrete pool. 3'6"-8'6" depth. pebble sheen (ocean blue), IntelliFlo 4x160, Pentair Ultra Temp Model 120, System 3 Modular Media Filter, SWG