Insurance needed for providing water chemistry service?

Speedo

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2011
I've seen a few threads about running a side business maintaining pools. Most discuss pricing and best practice methods. Is anyone willing to elaborate on the business side of providing water chemistry services? Such as the insurance that's needed to protect yourself. I'm assuming there is likely a general type of insurance policy business owners usually buy. If you're the only person involved in this service how much might an applicable insurance policy cost per month?

If such a policy is overkill, what steps should be taken to protect yourself from customer issues.

My company has a General Liability policy to cover anyone who might get injured by an employee during a service call such as an employee that is in an accident with his vehicle during a service call for our firm. It also covers my wife and myself if we ever injure someone with our company vehicle. We also have coverage for errors and omissions due to an employee who does something wrong on the job. We also have a policy to cover cyber intrusion to protect our business should someone gain access to our client information and expose it. Our coverage costs about $2300.00 per year. Have all of your insurance ready for any client that asks for it. It will show that you are serious about your business and the services you provide.

A buddy of mine contracts with utilities to do locating services. Obviously he needs insurance in case he messes up and somebody cuts a line, but he was sued for leaving a gate unlatched allowing a dog to get lose. Ended up costing him over $1500 out of pocket because he carried a fairly high deductible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.