Polaris and booster pump ?????

Jul 2, 2009
NE, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
When I had my pool built ( about 10 years ago) the builder recommended a Polaris with the booster pump so that's what I went with.. The main pump was set up on a timer and the booster pump was not. I was told that if the main pump shut off and the booster continued running it would burn up the booster pump.. Is this true??? After several years of worrying about this and making constant repairs to the Polaris I ended up buying an Aquabot about three years ago but last year the drive motor went out on it and I'm thinking of going back to the Polaris.. Thanks..

If you run the booster pump with the main pump off it will draw in water from the returns, which has not been filtered. Doing that for an extended period of time will eventually clog the intake of the booster pump, eventually causing it to overheat. Generally before that happens you will start finding debris inside of the pool cleaner, which can damage the drive system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.