calcium fall out

May 19, 2008
Durham, NC
I opened pool about 3 weeks ago and all looks great. I started using the 3" chlorine tablets and weekly granular shock ever sunday evening. The problem I am experiencing is when i shock on Sundays the following day I have residual laying on bottom of pool. The chlorine level is where they should be the cya is high 104. Any idea why I am having this fall out? My pool supplier says it is the calcium falling out and not dissolving. What do I do it is messy looking after shocking.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Becky

Are you just throwing the shock in? If so, it's the undissolved shock laying on the bottom of the pool. A bad idea. I hope it's not a liner pool. :shock:

Becky,

Welcome to the forum. Why shock at all? How does your water look?

If you can post a set of test results, you may not need to shock. And, even if you do, you can do so with bleach and eliminate the fall out completely.

Read some of the stickies in the header above. My bet is you may not need to shock. You can get control of your pool water, save some money, and enjoy your pool more if you can test your water and then know how to balance it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.