Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Cross Referencing Light Info

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Cross Referencing Light Info

I've been trying (with not much luck) to track down a cross reference to my old pool light that I'm trying to find some parts for. All that I know about it is that it has the following text:

American Products Co
    Model R-400 BC Wet Niche
    120V Max Lamp AGE-400 Type G-30
    CN-5 Fixture

Any information or leads in the right direction would be appreciated. I was told once that finding a replacement for this particular lamp was tough, but I'm hoping that I can replace the gasket and bulb without having to replace the entire fixture.

Thanks again in advance...Kenny
    25,000 gal Plaster; Hayward 1 hp Super II; Hayward Vari-Flo XL Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help Cross Referencing Light Info

American products is owned by Pentair. You can try their site or maybe even call them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by holubec37
    I've been trying (with not much luck) to track down a cross reference to my old pool light that I'm trying to find some parts for. All that I know about it is that it has the following text:

American Products Co
    Model R-400 BC Wet Niche
    120V Max Lamp AGE-400 Type G-30
    CN-5 Fixture

Any information or leads in the right direction would be appreciated. I was told once that finding a replacement for this particular lamp was tough, but I'm hoping that I can replace the gasket and bulb without having to replace the entire fixture.

Thanks again in advance...Kenny
    Did you ever find any information on your light? I have the exact same light and am looking for a gasket for it, and want to make sure I buy the right one.

Thanks,
    Cody
    Empty 16'x32'x(8' deep end & 4' shallow end) indoor inground pool, ~23,000 gallon, Sta-Rite 3/4HP pump, Minimax 150M Plus millivolt heater, Heldor PF-50 sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar SD80 sand filter, Hayward Aqua Rite SWCG (T-Cell-15)

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know much about bulb specs but I did find a few listings on eBay that MAY be the bulb you're looking for. The seller has several listings, 1@$10, 4@$30, 10@75. Havn't found anything definitive about the gasket but contacting the seller may get you further info on that as well as verifying that the bulb is a correct replacement.

LINK

FYI, I searched on eBay using... AGE-400 Type G-30

*edit*

This Site may have further info on your light. Also try a web search using " Amer-lite NICHE Light Parts "
    "The early bird might get the worm, but its the second mouse that gets the cheese." ~ W. Rian Adams
    Relative's IG Vinyl | 16x32 | ~18,600 gals | Hayward 3/4hp Pump | Hayward S244T Filter | Pentair Model 300 Chlorinator (not used) | Polaris 180