what is the realibility of pump vs motor failure!

dirtfrmr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2012
chandler az
I have a motor that died, :( , working with my warranty company and that refuses to replace motor with multiple speed motor.
Based the pump portion did not fail. single speed motor is their solution. What is your experience with a pump that has motor failure and not the pump portion.
I just feel that a 8 year old pump is not worthly of motor replacement only.
Thanks in advance for your experiences and insight.

dirtfrmr aka a golfer who is always in the dirt

Pump wet ends can usually outlast the motor several times over. About the only thing that can go wrong is the pump housing develops a crack and starts to leak. Everything else can usually be replaced.

You might ask them if you could pay the difference for a two speed motor. Also, check your local regulations. More states are requiring at least a two speed replacement but it may not be for just the motor.

mas985 said:
Pump wet ends can usually outlast the motor several times over. About the only thing that can go wrong is the pump housing develops a crack and starts to leak. Everything else can usually be replaced.
+1. :thumleft:
I've got 2 pumps, (one a Hayward SuperPump, the other, a Polaris booster pump) each more than 20-years-old. Replaced one cracked veloute; 2, maybe 3 impellers; some seals. Pumps work fine, last a long time.

Motors, not so much. I've had the pumps into the shop numerous times for repair or replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.