Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: water outside edge of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

water outside edge of pool

Hi,
    I have a pool under construction. They shot the shotcrete 9 days ago. We had several days of heavy rain since, but dry for the past 4 days. I have an area outside the pool where I'm seeing water collect. I have a call into my contractor to come out and take a look. He said it probably was water just seeping up ... being pushed up by the pool. I have read this elsewhere on the internet as well, but I'm concerned that we might have a leak in the pipes. He had me look at a pressure gauge that is connected and it does show 35 (psi ... I think). Should I be concerned at all?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: water outside edge of pool

Welcome to TFP!
    If your pipes are holding pressure, you have nothing to worry about there! Water won't be "pushed up by the pool", it's probably just groundwater seeping up.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Although, 35 psi is a pretty high pressure. How large is your pump, what size/model filter? Any other details that could explain that?

If the water was coming from the pool enough to make the ground that wet, I would think you would have noticed the pool water level go down over the last 4 days. There is always the bucket method to see if your pool has a leak.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to tfp, kmclaurin

Assuming your pool isn't plastered yet, then I assume that the pb left the pipes pressurized to look for leaks? Is the pool full and pump running or did they leave the pipes sealed in the process of performing a leak test?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ugh ... apparently my previous post makes no sense since I did not pay attention
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm OK. The water level that I'm seeing at the spot outside the pool has "stableized" and the pressure is consistant. I don't have a pump installed yet. They just have a gauge attached to some of the plumbing at the side of my house.