Aggregrate vs Plaster

Feb 13, 2013
Richmond, TX
Could someone please enlighten me on this subject. I am not really sure what the overall difference would be in these two are far as quality and why. I have heard good and bad things about both. I grew up with a plaster pool and it didnt have to be re-finished until 15 years after install. Not sure if it is worth the $6,000 upgrade cost. Please feel free to chime in (we would be looking at a dark (peeble tec or a dark plaster).

The big differences are that pebble finishes tend to be tougher, more resistant to gouges, and they tend to last longer (assuming you properly care for both surfaces). Also, dark plaster tends to be mottled, ie uneven in color/tone. On the other hand, pebble can be hard on you feet, especially with the larger pebble sizes.

Also dark colors can lead to much warmer pool temperatures in lots of direct sun. Consider how much shade your pool gets. You may need to plan for cooling if the pool is very sunny and not too deep if you go with a darker color. Cooling can be as simple as a DIY or $25 fountain hooked to a return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.