new pool start-up

The builder normally has someone that does the startup, but you need to ask them what your involvement is and get them to be as specific as possible. Things like brushing frequency, chemical balance, a personal contact number, etc..

I would recommend you read Pool School so that YOU know how to maintain the pool. Issues can arise in that sometimes our recommendations do not align with the way the pool builder will want to start the pool ... thus know what you are talking about and ask a lot of questions. You will have to follow their advise as they are the warranty company, even if what we would recommend is a little different.

Also, the pool person who is doing the start up will NOT be as vigilant as you, the owner, would be. So, I would certainly have my own test kit and be checking things more often than they will be around.

My pool is 3 years old and I purchased the house when the pool was just 6 months old. Today I am having a piece of rebar cut out and the entire pool acid washed and polished. There is a "bathtub" ring and tons of plaster dust scaling. There is also copper staining EVERYWHERE, (but I don't have a heater.) May be from the combo of the chlorine pucks I used more than a year ago and from the rebar, don't know.

I'm asking the question of start-up as it is looking like the PB dropped the ball in several areas, thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.