Test Kits?

bdare

Feb 26, 2013
Rockwall, TX
Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to close on a house and will be a first time pool owner and thus this is my first post on this site. I've been keeping salt water reef aquariums successfully for 15 years so I feel confident I should be able to maintain the water in my pool. I've been doing a lot of reading and have a long way to go.

In the fish keeping world your ability to maintain stable parameters starts with reliable and consistent test kits. From what I can tell there doesn't seem to be too many options in the pool test kit arena.

I know that everyone has their own opinion, but is there a brand of test kits which is accepted as more accurate and consistent than others?

My pool will be salt water. Are the test kits for salt water pools the same as those for traditional pools?

Thanks!

Ben

Welcome to TFP!!!

This is easy ... the best test kit is the TF100 ... see the link in my signature for a comparison of test kits. The TF100 comes with an 18 month guarantee and excellent customer service.

Here is a recent testimonial: tf-100-refills-t55953.html#p459638

The type of pool does not matter ... same test kit. But, you may want to add a salt test to it. And the speed stir is a great add-on as well.

Welcome to TFP.

Spend some time reading Pool School especially the test kits section. You will soon learn that a good accurate reliable test kit is considered the most important tool you can have. Since you already have that knowledge you are ahead of the game.

I, of course, recommend the TF-100 and the drop based salt test with the speedstir as an option for the best kit out there anywhere. The speedstir, while an option, is well worth the money you will pay for it.

You will learn, that the more time you spend reading Pool School and the forum, the better and easier maintaining your pool is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.