Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FloVis, can it be installed in a 90 degree valve

1. Back To Top    #1

FloVis, can it be installed in a 90 degree valve

I know the FloVis can be retrofitted in a Jandy 7305 check valve, but will it work accurately in a Jandy 7512 90 degree check valve? I've been having problems with my SWG flow on low speed, sometimes it works other times not enough flow, and I'm wondering how close my system is to the 30 GPM requirement that the the SWG has. My problems with the flow started when the new trisensors with the board were installed. I don't want to say I have a problem with the trisensor yet, as I might not have enough flow and the trisensor is doing its job as it should.

If the FloVis will not work in the 90 degree check valve, I believe can remove the guts of the check valve and install the FloVis a foot down the line from that check valve. The check valve is on the heater out line and then turns 90 degrees up and then a straight section to the SWG. Does anyone see a problem installing the FloVis this way?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FloVis, can it be installed in a 90 degree valve

Hopefully phackett of Flovis will respond, but I suspect that it would be pretty accurate even in a right angle check looking at the way it's designed. Especially at low flows.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: FloVis, can it be installed in a 90 degree valve

I have been updated, and it will not work accurately in a 90 degree valve. The best place for my situation will be to install it right before my SWG.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process