Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Valve actuator stopped working

1. Back To Top    #1

Valve actuator stopped working

Checked wires they are ok. Is there a fuse or relay. I have 2 actuator valves to
    Turn jets on jacuzzi . Please help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Yukon, Oklahoma

Re: Valve actuator stopped working

If you can physically move the valve then the problem is in the electronics inside the actuator. If you can work on getting that cover off you might be able to clean the contacts that operate the valve, if not, you will have to replace the valve.

When my valve died all the plastic gearing in it simply broke apart in several chucks so I had to replace it. I would ask (for future use) does you actuator sit out in the open, uncovered environment? If so you might want to consider some sort of home made cover for it (like a bucket).

Bob E.

3. Back To Top    #3

On my actuator, I can loosen the screw in the center of the lever, push in on it, a and it allows the valve to be operated manually.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    SouthWest Alabama

Do both actuators not work? Or is it only one?

There should be a switch under the bottom of the actuator, if you switch it does the actuator move?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tucson, AZ

Note that some brands of actuators are not easily moveable by hand ... they required you to open them up to disable the cam.

Intermatic and Jandy do allow moving it manually easily as chiefwej describes. Compool and Pentair do not allow easily moving the valve manually and require a more in depth process described in their manual.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry
    Silicon Valley, CA

Need to know the mfg. of both the valve actuator, and the automation running it...
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.