Kreepy Krauly keeps getting stuck on itself

tomzo

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2011
Escondido, CA
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone out there can point me to where I can find a solution to my problems with my Kreepy Krauly. The fact that it gets caught at the stairs is bad enough but now it is getting itself hung up at the location where the suction line comes out of the wall of the pool. The hose goes up and over the hose coming out of the wall and then the cleaner gets stuck as it can't go over that.

I have a leaf basket 3' off the wall that tends to float at the surface.

Has anyone figured out how to remedy this?

Thanks

Tom

If your Kreepy Krauly is old, the hose sections may have lost their flexibility. That was the case with mine - it was hanging up where it never had before. It's amazing to see the flex difference between new and old hose.

Mine was much older, like 10 years old, but I'm in Seattle where the sun doesn't degrade plastics at the rate is probably does in your area. If you have any extra hose sections that you didn't use and were stored out of the weather, you could make the comparison. It'll be quite evident.

In any case, the Twister might overcome any stiff hose for less money than a $110 hose replacement.

I got the Twister installed today and it seems to work in keeping the cleaner from getting stuck on the stairs, etc. I did have to remove my leaf canister however as it tended to cause the system to float and the Twister then sucks in air. I have very few leaves in the pool anyway so this is not a big deal.

Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.