Hayward Navigator - circles

Feb 25, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I've googled this question and landed on this forum and read through all I can to try and fix this Hayward Navigator. The Navigator has suction but it wasn't working properly. We put in a new gear box and feet. Thought it was fixed but now its basically staying in one side of the pool going in clockwise circles.

Is there something else we should replace?

Appreciate your help!!
Thanx :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Make sure your A-frames are snug with the pods so they move as one piece. If you open the cleaner you'll see two A shaped arms that have two ball bearings on each arm. These arms are directly connected to the pods on the bottom of the cleaner. On the side of the pods just above where the wings connect there is a small circular plastic bolt cover. Remove the covers and beneath will be a small screw with a hex-head. I believe it is 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch. Holding the a-frame, snug the screw as much as possible. This should ensure they move as one piece. Repeat on other side and reassemble. If this does not work make sure your feet arent too worn on one side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.