Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting a new pool need help please

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting a new pool need help please

Hello everyone.We have been searching for a couple of months on getting a new inground pool. We have decided on a 20 by 34 mountain pond but we are deciding a 2 different companies to use.Both have offered different things.We have decided on an Earth filter instead of a cartridge.We have also decided to go with a salt system.

The differences are one company is offering a Graphite reinforced composite wall system. The other is offering steel walls. The Graphite company is a little more money but they say they can build the patio right away because they cement a bar to the pool? The steel wall company is going to wait 4 to 6 weeks to build the patio. I have heard different amounts of time to wait They say 4 to 6 weeks is enough?

Can anyone explain the difference between a Hayward shark robotic cleaner and a Polaris 360 cleaner?

any ideas or things we should look for I would appreciate.

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Getting a new pool need help please

Welcome to TFP!

Is the graphite one more because the product itself is more expensive or is there a difference in labor costs? What are the advantages/disadvantages with steel vs. graphite? I would imagine that the graphite handles corrosion better than the steel does and if you are going with the SWCG, then that might be something to consider.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT