Just waiting for installation now!

Feb 18, 2013
I've finalized the order, so tomorrow I need to call a contractor for the install. Pool season is still at least 16 weeks away and I can hardly wait. I'm glad I will have some time to get used to maintaining the water. If the pool is installed after the chance for freezing, but before it's too warm to actually swim, should I cover it and keep it winterized until May?

I think I will use the BBB method of sanitation. I used quite a bit of chlorine and PH up and stabilizer on my 5K gallon intex last year and I still ended up with kind of milky water by the end of the season.

I like to have the pool open and running any time the water is much above 50 degrees. You can leave it winterized until later, but the odds of opening to a clean pool go down dramatically as the water warms up.

Like JasonLion said, I would go ahead and open if the water is 50+ degrees. All you really have to do is get your chems balanced and run the pump on a schedule and, of course, anytime there is a chance for freezing. FC consumption will be really low until the water gets to 70 degrees or so.

Good! I was hoping that would be the best solution. I have a blue bubble solar cover I can use to cover the pool on sunny days, that should help to start raising the temp a little bit. I think I probably do need the extra time to get some good practice and a maintenance schedule down.

So my install date is going to be April 3. That will be after the last freeze, but about 5-6 weeks before the weather will be even remotely comfortable enough to swim. I went ahead and ordered cove moulding for the bottom of the pool. I also ordered a 13x5 fishtail resin deck. I know there are mixed reviews on the deck, but it still has to be better than the A-frame ladder. I may be able to get a contractor to build a more permanent deck after some time, but this will have to do for the interim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.