Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it SUMMER Time yet?!!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it SUMMER Time yet?!!!!!!

I so can't wait for the warm weather!!! I don't want to turn the heat on any longer and layer my clothes just to go to work and outside! I need fresh air and the warm sunshine on my face and body! I'm tired of looking at these walls! Gimme a nice cold drink while I relax in the sun...

Oh and BTW, I will be welcoming my very first granddaughter on May 8th! I have reasons to get this show on the road!

Are you guys and gals sitting tight, all hunkered down?! lol
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it SUMMER Time yet?!!!!!!

[center:18nbpn0y]We did get about 1/4" of rain last week if it's any consolation..

[attachment=0:18nbpn0y]forecast.gif[/attachment:18nbpn0y][/center:18nbpn0y]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's a nice forecast. Not quite so nice here in PA. I think we're in for rain/snow mix the next few days.

4. Back To Top    #4

I wouldn't even get in if those were my water temps Richard! 82 is my magic number there. I did buy wifey a jumbo oversized float last summer so she can "cruise" and catch rays while staying dry.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Casey! Long time no see. Hope all is well. Congratulations on your forthcoming granddaughter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Hi Casey! Long time no see. Hope all is well. Congratulations on your forthcoming granddaughter!
    Hi 257! It's been awhile! I'm getting ready to let my hubby buy me a new pool here very soon!

Yeah, My daughter is having her first baby. She's a little young herself but hey, She won't be the first nor last to do such a thing! We are both very excited to have Madison join us. We love her so much already.

Today, it snowed. Ugh.......

7. Back To Top    #7

I was just thinking since the time change is coming next weekend the warm weather won't be far off now. Come April I will start checking the water temp daily until I can open

I will also be replenishing almost my entire Can't wait!!
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]
    Powered by: TFP, PoolMath & TFTestkits

8. Back To Top    #8

Water temp reached 78 degrees today using just solar heating - I expect it to be 80 tomorrow since it has been gaining 1-2 degrees/day. Looks like our swimming season is effectively March-Nov.
    24K gallon inground gunite/pebble sheen pool, 34'x16' 4-7.5ft deep, 750sq ft solar, pentair ultratemp, intelliflow vs+, ic60, intellichem w/ acid pump, quad de 100, intellibright 5g, intellitouch i5-3s with Screenlogic2, 3" primary piping - 2.5" at equip pad, auto switched deep heating and main returns, automatic safety cover w/ electronic lock and embedded recessed undertrack, sealed stamped concrete deck, dolphin deluxe 5, started up December 2011.

9. Back To Top    #9

I cannot believe it but the high tomorrow is only 48 and I live just north of New Orleans! I cannot wait for warm warm weather!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

10. Back To Top    #10

Up here in ND its been about 0-20 below! Finally starting to see the 25-30 mark and now they are saying a snow storm on Monday! Always interesting in ND. Pool is froze so come end of April is when I usually open the pool. I start to order pool supplies mid March so looking forward to that and starting to work onthe pool equipment in my heated garage. That always helps keep the excitement up for the summer months.

Have a great pool season everyone!
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool: http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/

11. Back To Top    #11

It's snowing here is SWPA while I'm at work TFP'in it. I asked my husband about the guy who we talked about doing our excavation and it looks like he's out so I'm looking for a new guy to do it, hopefully in April. I can't wait to get a pool in my yard!

12. Back To Top    #12

It can be summer any time now. I am sick of the winter but jobs and bills and all of that other stuff we working stiffs have to contend with get in the way of moving to warmer climates and having time to do other fun stuff wherever we want. I, for one, am READY to be warm again.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

13. Back To Top    #13

"Oh and BTW, I will be welcoming my very first granddaughter on May 8th! I have reasons to get this show on the road! "

Congrats on the upcoming new granddaughter. A great reason to be welcoming the coming of summer!
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

14. Back To Top    #14

We are getting closer to summer here in DFW. Below is today's forecast.

[attachment=0:2c0dg9xg]3-4-2013 Forecast.jpg[/attachment:2c0dg9xg]
    Tomorrow we get a reality check that it is still March as temps revert closer to seasonal norms of around 60. After that, temps will gradually warm up as the remainder of the week progresses.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

15. Back To Top    #15

I was just checking my logs/notes from last season and I opened at the end of March. Looks like we will need a two week period of days averaging 70 degrees+ to have any chance at a March opening this year.

If the predictions are accurate I'm guessing the temp difference will push my opening into mid-late April. But since predictions are never accurate, I'll be waiting for the burst of 70s+ which will reel in my opening date
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]