Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Manual Pool Vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1

Manual Pool Vacuum

I have a 24' above ground pool. I am looking for a really good manual vacuum. The robot one that came with it is a joke. I want to actually vacuum the pool myself and am not worried about the extra work. There is a good bit of leaves in it now because of the winter but during the summer hardly any leaves end up in the pool. What do you recommend? How does a leaf canister work? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to get the pool spotless even though we can't swim in it at the moment. Water is crystal clear, I just have to get the leaves and dirt out of it. Thank you. Don
    Sharkline Dolphin AGP 24" x 54" Millennium cartridge filter Millennium 2-way 2HP-3/4HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Manual Pool Vacuum

I would suggest a good quality leaf rake rather than a leaf canister. It's a bit more work (but not much) and you can get leaves VERY quickly without having to hook anything up

Choosing a manual vacuum head is a snap. It will hook onto the same pole as your leaf rake. Choose a good, strong pole that will easily reach to the middle and then choose a vacuum head made for vinyl pools and you are all set.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School