Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some help choosing SWG system.

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some help choosing SWG system.

I am about to order the DIG-220. I have a 30,000 gal pool. I spoke to the AutoPilot customer service department and she told me that if I get a 60-cell that it will work fine on my pool and simply last longer than the small cell. Everyone here agree with that??

I can order it at Amazon for $1682 and no shipping cost (I'm a Prime member) or I can order it from poolsupply360.com for $1471 no shipping cost. The Amazon is a package that says, "AutoPilot 110/220-Volt Digital Chlorine Generator with Super Cell and Manifold Assembly Complete". The poolsupply360 one is two separate orders, one for DIG-220 and the other for the SC60. I am inclined to trust Amazon but $200 is a good chunk of savings. What do you guys think? Anyone have any experience with poolsupply360? Anyone know of a better place to buy it?

Sean Assam, How do I get the relay? Do I have to wait till I own one of these to get AutoPilot to ship it or will they ship it now so I can get all the parts in at the same time to do the install as soon as it comes in?

What is a Tri-Sensor? Do I need this? It sounds like it does not come with either of the purchase scenarios I've listed above.

Quick help is appreciated as I want to get this ordered ASAP today!!
    30K IG, Plaster with spillover spa, 9 ft deep end with spring base diving board
    48sqft DE Filter, 3HP VS motor, Hayward SPII, Raypak RP2100 Propane heater
    AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital with SC-60 and pump relay (220v)
    Polaris 280. Pentiar Booster Pump, TF-100 Test Kit, Speed Stir
    Austin, Texas (It's hot)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need some help choosing SWG system.

Yes, the larger cell will last longer.

The tri-sensor is a part of the system that measures water temperature, salt level, and water flow. It is included as part of the manifold assembly. The Amazon kit clearly states that it includes the manifold assembly, so it will also include the trisensor. The poolsupply360.com version is available both ways, a cell with or without the manifold, make sure you get the one with the manifold (which will include the trisensor).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I found another source for the system at saltpoolguys.com. Price is $1486. Anyone have any experience with this company?
    Austin, Texas (It's hot)

4. Back To Top    #4

At least one of the SaltPoolGuys, JoshU, is a member of this site and they tend to offer discounts to lifetime supports. Their discount list hasn't been updated since last season, so I suggest sending JoshU a PM and seeing what he can do for you.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

You're better off ordering it with the system, but you can also call our customer service to get it once you've received the system.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

6. Back To Top    #6

I ordered a AutoPilot Digital with the SC-60 from Josh at saltpoolguys.com yesterday. Our forum member price is FANTASTIC!~!!! Josh was an absolute PLEASURE to work with and I highly recommend buying from them for anyone else in the market. He shipped it the same day and it should be here Tuesday! Yea
    Austin, Texas (It's hot)

7. Back To Top    #7

Josh is awesome.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

You're better off ordering it with the system, but you can also call our customer service to get it once you've received the system.
    Just as a side note to anyone reading this is in the future, we always include relays with all Pool Pilot Digital systems that we ship so you don't have to wait to for it in a 2nd shipment.

I ordered a AutoPilot Digital with the SC-60 from Josh at saltpoolguys.com yesterday. Our forum member price is FANTASTIC!~!!! Josh was an absolute PLEASURE to work with and I highly recommend buying from them for anyone else in the market. He shipped it the same day and it should be here Tuesday! Yea
    Josh is awesome.
    Wow, thanks guys!
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps