Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Soon to be a new AB Pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Soon to be a new AB Pool owner

Just wanted to say HI to everyone. I am looking at purchasing a Fijan Pool from Family Pool fun.
    16344 gal, AG, Fijian 52 Pool 27' round w/ 1.5 HP 21 Sta-Rite Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System. using ZeoBest ZeoLite Filter Media.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Soon to be a new AB Pool owner

Welcome to TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought my pool from them, no complaints, great transaction.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to tfp, lcifers
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, I have went and done it... I have purchased a Above Ground pool..It should be delivered in about 2 weeks. I will post pictures once I begin construction. Thanks to all for the warm welcome..
    16344 gal, AG, Fijian 52 Pool 27' round w/ 1.5 HP 21 Sta-Rite Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System. using ZeoBest ZeoLite Filter Media.

6. Back To Top    #6

lcifers:

Welcome to TFP and good luck with your new pool!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, I guess I better get a test kit before the pool arrives, I am thinking about getting the TF-100 Test Kit, should I get the XL option with it? How about the Speedstir Magnetic Stirrer? That would put me at about $109.00. How often do I need to repurchase the test kit?
    Thanks,

8. Back To Top    #8

TF100 should be fine and the Speedstir really makes testing FC/CC, TA and CH a breeze. Mine is now going on year 4 with the occasion reagent refill...pretty sure I still have my original TA and CH reagents. Should last at least one season or longer, but depends on how often you decide to test. Store the kit at room temperature, out of direct sunlight. We keep our's in the kitchen cabinet, next to the slider leading to the yard :thumbs up:
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator