Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: REady to pull the trigger.

1. Back To Top    #1

REady to pull the trigger.

We are ready to pull the trigger with the PB we have chosen.I still have a couple of concerns as my wife and I both want salt water and flagstone copping. We are also looking at stamped concrete for the decking around the pool. I understand sealing the stone and maintain chemical balance we should have no issues with the stone, but how about the stamped concrete? what would be a good sealant? I've read good things about deck-o-seal. There is deck-o-shield, deck-o-grip and deck-o-shield plus. Which one would be best for the flagstone and concrete knowing that I do not want it slippery.
    Also Our existing patio is stamped concrete as well and needs re sealed.
    McKinney, TX
    Pool build in progress, 14.8K gallons, OK flagstone copping (sealed), IG Gunite/Pebblesheen (Blue Granite), Pentair intelliflow 3050 vs - svrs, Pentair IC20 Salt-Gen, 60 sq ft Pentair DE filter, 400k BTU Pentair (NG) heater, Polaris 280 with Booster, Dual Time Clocks with freeze protect feature, Pool (1) 500w (1) 100W Spa (1) 100w lights, (2) Skimmers, 4 Pool Returns, 6 Spa Jets, water features incl (3) 12 scuppers on 12 x 31 raised beam, (2) Gushers on tanning ledge, and double cut spa spillway. controlled by easytouch 8

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: REady to pull the trigger.

txsteel - We have a flagstone-type coping as well and I am going to use Dupont Stone-Tech Salt Resistant Sealer - just waiting for the pool builder to finish their work. It's a bit expensive but I got the best price on Amazon (around $119/gallon). Also, we upgraded to paver deck from a stamped concrete which didn't add much in the way of cost and that will also receive a coat of the same sealer. if you need anti-slip properties, I have good success with Shark-Grip in the past on other slippery surfaces. It's an additive that you mix in with your sealer choice. Best of luck.

Completed March 1, 2013. 12,500 gallon IG Lagoon Style w/swimout, walk-in steps, 15' x 30' x 3' - 5', Gunite, Wet Edge Technologies, Pebble Sheen - Northshore Tahoe, 2" Tennessee Fieldstone Coping, Belgard Country Blend Pavers, 1.5 HP Superflo, 19" Tagelus Filter, IC-20 SWCG.