Soon to be new pool owner in North Alabama .......ROLL TIDE!

Feb 2, 2013
I've read Pool School twice & most every post on the forum & am now anxiously awaiting for the PB to start my inground pool :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: .
It will be a tee-shaped, vinyl pool with a swg. i chose the "Mayan" liner, it's a sandstone color. Knowing NOTHING at all about pools, I have found this forum has wealth of information & I am slightly obsessed with it :-D
In my signature line you will see the specs of my soon to be constructed pool. Please give any feedback/suggestions that you think would be beneficial to me.
PB will start the build the first of March, when the weather warms up some.
Once the build starts I'll be sure to post lots of pics!
Thanks in advance for any feedback/suggestions offered. :goodjob:

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Re: Soon to be new pool owner in North Alabama .......ROLL T

Welcome to tfp, myoung36 :wave:

I am not sure how many gallons you pool is from the description, though it seems it is big ? Greater than 30000 gallons?

If it is then your sand filter is much too small.

I dont know the size in gallons but here are the measurements....

The deep end is 18 wide & 25 long (8.5 ft deep)...shallow end is 26 wide & 12 ft (3 feet deep)... does that make sense??

Thanks

Dont know if this changes the amount of watet held in the pool much but found out from hubby that its 8 ft deep, not 8 1/2....does that matter? What size filter do I need?
Thanks SO much for your replies!!

The difference between 8' and 8½' isn't enough to matter right now. It might change it a thousand gallons but that's not much in the scheme of things.

If you want to stick with a sand filter I'd go to at least a 30". The S310T2 would be a good choice. That variable speed pump should have no problem backwashing that filter.

If you're located where water cost is high or there are restrictions you may want to consider a different type filter.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to call my PB this morning to see about a bigger filter.
When we originally decided on the pool, all the specs were for the pool to be 16' wide in the deep end but I decided I wanted it bigger. Would the smaller filter have worked for the same pool but with a narrower deep end? If so, I imagine that he just forgot to add the bigger filter...

That would have made about a 3,000 gallon difference so then you'd have been at about 29,000 gallons and that 24" filter would have still have been too small for a pool that size. It's common for PB's to skimp on the filter size.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support