EcoStar Update

jhalpinjr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2011
Warner Robins, GA
Hello All,

its been a while since I have posted. As some of you may recall from my earlier posts on this pump I had issues in the beginning as others did with water level in the bowl, priming, etc..... Even posted some YouTube vids.... Anyhow those issues were finally solved.

However I wanted to update you all on my recent issue which in my case, seriously cause me to doubt the longevity of these pumps and the standard Hayward 1 year warranty.

My pump died after 14 months of use. Definitely a bearing problem. $1200 for a pump with a 1 year warranty is hard to swallow, let alone that it fails. Hayward would not cover the pump. However my local PB helped me as I upgraded to this pump and he was able to swing the Totally Hayward Warranty and get it covered.

Anyhow, just my experience, Im wondering how is everyone elses EcoStar holding up?

Thank you - Jim
For reference, I run mine about 12 hours everyday, 2 hours of such are 2500RPM, the remaining 10 hours are 1200RPM

Had a lot of problems with my new ecostar as described before last summer. I have a new pump now because the first one had bearing issues like yours. Lucky I was able to get an exchange for free because I wined a lot. I think the failure was because of a failed prime though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.