Streaks in Quartz plaster

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
Built pool last month and used luna quartz to plaster. My previous pool was pebble tec and we had no issues with the coloring (just too abrasive for us). Anyway, the plaster came out all streaked and there were these dark lines running down from the returns in the spa. Looked like cracks but it was just dark lines. So last week they gave the pool an acid bath then drained and acid pressure wash...filled it back up. The streaks are still there. And while they fixed the lines in the spa, I noticed another one in pool. And some type of black spot on bottom of pool. UGH! It looks awful, like kids did it. Anyone dealt with this? Someone with the plaster co. came out today and took pics and he admits it looks awful. He thought the plaster had been done a year ago. He was surprised to learn it has been less than a month. We paid for the water to be filled this last time but I told him, if it had to be drained it would have to come out of his pocket ...is that unreasonable? It took 1.5 days to fill. I can only imagine the cost that will be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.