Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from chilly Maryland

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi from chilly Maryland

Hi, I'm so glad I found this forum. I started in 2011 with a blue 10'x30" intex, in 2012, I decided to upgrade to an 16' x 48" intex ultra frame. Today, I finally decided to pull the trigger and get a 21' x 52" Morada pool. I'm so glad I did but really nervous about it. I think I may actually post the spot I had the old intex and show progress as the new pool is being installed. Since I'm new to pool ownership and still learning how to keep everything balanced and sanatized, I'm sure I will be here alot.
    14.6K, AG, Cartridge, 2HP 2SP.
    Waiting on install Spring 2013
    Accessories TBD

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi from chilly Maryland

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Eavie0513:

Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place. It will be warm in "chilly Maryland" before you know it.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to tfp, Eavie0513
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!!!

Now is the time to read through Pool School a few times to learn about the chemistry and how to maintain it ... although being hands-on will certainly help to clear things up.

Don't forget to order your test kit before you fill the pool with water
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Welcome to TFP!!!

Now is the time to read through Pool School a few times to learn about the chemistry and how to maintain it ... although being hands-on will certainly help to clear things up.

Don't forget to order your test kit before you fill the pool with water
    I will do that. I did get a 'free start up' package when I bought the pool but it didn't come with a test kit. I've been in cold rain all day just thinking about floating around with a cocktail. I did skim through Pool School a bit last night. I will be reading it more carefully in the next few weeks.
    14.6K, AG, Cartridge, 2HP 2SP.
    Waiting on install Spring 2013
    Accessories TBD

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Eavie0513
    I did get a 'free start up' package when I bought the pool
    Be careful with that stuff, some of it will only cause problems. You can list what each one is for us if you want and we can tell you what to use/not to use...we may need the chemical name (often listed in smaller print) and not just the product name.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.