de filter powder in spa

Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool info: pool-school/read_before_you_post

The DE is not coming from the pool to the spa ... it is coming from the filter ... and going to which ever you have the water returning too.

Can you provide more details? Do you only see DE in spa mode? Are you sure it is DE? Are you sure it is not also in the pool? What are the filter pressures in pool vs. spa mode?

Please add your pool info: pool-school/read_before_you_post

The DE is not coming from the pool to the spa ... it is coming from the filter ... and going to which ever you have the water returning too.

Can you provide more details? Do you only see DE in spa mode? Are you sure it is DE? Are you sure it is not also in the pool? What are the filter pressures in pool vs. spa mode?[/quote]

the filter is running at 20 psi I always have the returns going into the pool and the water feature that has the pool water going into the spa from the floor of the spa and then the water spills over back into the pool ...I guess it could be going into the pool also but if it is then it is a small amount because it is not noticeable I just notice it on the benches and the floor of the spa ...I have new grids in the filter and have cleaned it out and still have this problem.... Also It dont think it happens when the spa jets are on

When you are running the spa jets, does that bypass the the filter (meaning do you have a separate pump and plumbing circuit)?

The only way for DE to bypass the filter is if there is a hole in one of the grids, or something is cracked in the filter or not assembled correctly, or an o-ring in the filter is not sealing. But, we still have no idea what filter you have ......

Seems like step 1 would be to reopen up the filter and give it a good inspection. Then put it back together ... maybe something is not seated correctly?

Do you have a set of test results available to help rule out other possibilities?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.