Which salt system for aqualink rs?

n8huntsman

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Is there any benefit of going with a Jandy salt system when using an older aqualink rs one touch? My cleva-clor salt system finally died. In the passed I just used one of the relays in the aqualink rs to turn the salt cell on and off. Does the aqualink provide any sort of feedback if I use a Jandy salt system? If not, what salt systems are hot right now? Pool is 15k gl, so I probably want something rated for a min. of 20k gl.

Looks like the Jandy Aquapure EI has some communication with the aqualink RS. What kinda of features would that provide between the two devices? Is the EI a decent unit? The cells are remarkably inexpensive.

With the Aqualink RS control system, the best system to get is the regular AquaPure. It is Jandy's long standing unit that won't have any issues with your control system. The EI more than likely won't either, but in our experience has had some warranty issues.

Just went through this with a customer. Short story, go with the regular aqua pure. Long story...

The aquapure (p/n apurem and plc1400 or plc700) will provide an exact salt reading to indoor control panel. You can also adjust your production percentage. It's pretty much plug and play.

The Ei will only give a high/low reading to the indoor control panel in the form of a 2900 or 4000 reading. It will also permanently change the way the aqualink communicates with salt systems. By that I mean it won't communicate with other systems after the Ei is removed. The fix is a new board, which isn't a bad thing, because you can upgrade to the iaqualink system.

Well, given that I'm a cheapo and can't afford the regular aquapure 1400, I'm torn between the EI and the CPSC24. I've never had any feedback on my OneTouch and to be honest, it's not really a big deal to me. If I could get it for the price, cool, if not no biggee. My old system never told me the salt levels. It just had a percentage output adjustment and the rest was up to me. I've been testing the water with the test strips.
What are the thoughts on the EI versus the compupool?

Compupool it is! Now I have to pick a size. My pool is 15k gl. But being in Ca. and the fact that my pool can get up to 90° in the summer, I need to oversize it. My previous system was rated for 20k, but in the summer I had to run the pump 12 hours for it to keep up. I'd like to avoid that. I'm thinking I'll go with the compupool CPSC24 which is rated for 26k gl. They have a 20k system but it's not much cheaper. The 40k is $90 more and is probably overkill? Do you guys agree that the 26k system is the way to go?

Thanks for all your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.