Jandy Lite 2 LG250N-C - Work with Salt Water?

Feb 17, 2013
Hi, found a great deal on a used Jandy Lite 2 Natural gas heater, LG250N-C. Wondering if this will work to heat my salt water pool. I've searched and see that there might be a suggested model for salt water pools yet I cannot find a lot of info.
Question for the group, can this unit be used with a salt water pool and if so, what if any issues could I expect?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Welcome to TFP!

When heaters talk about salt water pools they normally mean ocean water pools, which have salt up around 35,000 ppm, and they are not talking about SWG salt pools, which have salt around 3,000 ppm. Just about any heater should work just fine with a SWG pool, though you do need to get a special kind of heater to work with ocean water levels of salt.

In going through the paperwork on my new pool equipment I saw a bold print warning on a few items noting they were for use in "fresh water application only". Then in the small print underneath there was a note that a pool with a salt water chlorine generator is considered "fresh water".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.