Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Lite 2 LG250N-C - Work with Salt Water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Lite 2 LG250N-C - Work with Salt Water?

Hi, found a great deal on a used Jandy Lite 2 Natural gas heater, LG250N-C. Wondering if this will work to heat my salt water pool. I've searched and see that there might be a suggested model for salt water pools yet I cannot find a lot of info.
    Question for the group, can this unit be used with a salt water pool and if so, what if any issues could I expect?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Jandy Lite 2 LG250N-C - Work with Salt Water?

Welcome to TFP!

When heaters talk about salt water pools they normally mean ocean water pools, which have salt up around 35,000 ppm, and they are not talking about SWG salt pools, which have salt around 3,000 ppm. Just about any heater should work just fine with a SWG pool, though you do need to get a special kind of heater to work with ocean water levels of salt.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks so much for the quick response. Exactly what I needed to know, much appreciated.

4. Back To Top    #4

Lake Nona, Florida

In going through the paperwork on my new pool equipment I saw a bold print warning on a few items noting they were for use in "fresh water application only". Then in the small print underneath there was a note that a pool with a salt water chlorine generator is considered "fresh water".
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa